Rwanda accedes to the New York ConventionRwanda becomes the 143rd State Party to the Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards, the treaty entered into force for Rwanda on 29 January 2009.
Launch of ICC YAF Latin America E-forumThe ICC's Young Arbitrator's Forum has announced the launch of the Spanish/Portuguese ICC YAF Latin America e-forum. The forum will facilitate academic and practical discussion on arbitration in Latin America and internationally.
Facts and Figures on ICC Arbitration: Requests for arbitration down 3% in 2010
The ICC Court of Arbitraion recently released its figures for 2010 showing the following prelminary statistics:
- 793 Requests for Arbitration were filed with the ICC Court (down 3% from 2009, cf. here for 2009 figures)
- Those Requests concerned 2,145 parties from 140 countries and independent territories;
- In 10% of cases at least one of the parties was a State or parastatal entity;
- The place of arbitration was located in 53 countries throughout the world;
- Arbitrators of 73 nationalities were appointed or confirmed under the ICC Rules;
- The amount in dispute was under one million US dollars in 24.1% of new cases;
- 478 awards were rendered.