Facts and Figures on ICC Arbitration: Requests for arbitration down 3% in 2010
The ICC Court of Arbitraion recently released its figures for 2010 showing the following prelminary statistics:
- 793 Requests for Arbitration were filed with the ICC Court (down 3% from 2009, cf. here for 2009 figures)
- Those Requests concerned 2,145 parties from 140 countries and independent territories;
- In 10% of cases at least one of the parties was a State or parastatal entity;
- The place of arbitration was located in 53 countries throughout the world;
- Arbitrators of 73 nationalities were appointed or confirmed under the ICC Rules;
- The amount in dispute was under one million US dollars in 24.1% of new cases;
- 478 awards were rendered.
ICC: Newly appointed members of the ICC Court of Arbitration begin term of office
The newly appointed members of the ICC International Court of Arbitration begin their three year term of office today, 1st July 2009.Read more...